No products in the cart.
This Past Year At A Glance: 2018
The Past Year At A Glance | 2018
You guys. This year has been one of the best years yet. I know I always say that (and I guess that’s a good thing!) but seriously – sometimes I get so caught up in what I’m doing and have my head so far down on the grindstone that I fail to look up and look back and see just how far I’ve come as a photographer and business owner. This post is always my favorite – it’s such an awesome way to see all the fun stuff I accomplished and all the AMAZING clients I had the pleasure of working with this year. You all are the reason I get to do what I do and I am forever grateful to you all! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Enjoy a look back at 2018 and I hope to see you in front of my camera in 2019!
Here are some things LDP accomplished this year!
- Three images won Bronze in Sue Bryce’s Portrait Masters Awards. I will be continuing to enter more images in the hopes of scoring even higher and hopefully one day I can score in the top 20 in the boudoir category. The end goal is to accumulate enough points to be a “Master” Photographer. It’s definitely a personal project and doesn’t mean much from the business stand point but it’s so much fun to see my images reach “Professional Standard” and judged by world famous photographers.
- We photographed some seriously beautiful weddings this year. Four of which were at my all time favorite venue, The Flower Farm Inn in Loomis CA. It was a goal this year to shoot a wedding there and I shot FOUR so needless to say, I was so excited to get to go back to that venue that means so much to me (I got married there too!).
- I slowly have started to fall in love with studio portraits. Normally I’m natural light all the way but there is something so glam and timeless about studio portraits. They don’t have to be boring as you can see from the images below! It’s also nice because I don’t have to worry about Golden Hour or weather in general (although Golden Hour will always be my first love!).
- I welcomed Noelle to the LDP team as associate photographer! Eek! Expansion! I’m so excited to have her on board. Did you know you can hire her for photos? In the future she’ll also be available for weddings under LDP. She brings so much light and ambition to the team and I’m so excited to see her thrive in 2019.
- I welcomed Alex to the LDP team as videographer AND associate photographer. Oh boy, I haven’t even introduced you to him yet and this has been under wraps as we finalize things but I’m so excited I’m leaking the news now! He is available to do video for weddings and will be doing some behind the scenes videos for us as well. He also is an awesome photographer and you will be able to hire him too! More to come on him in January! You’re going to love him.
- I actually managed to take Christmas Card family photos this year of US! If you scroll all the way to the bottom you’ll see a little series of photos from our Christmas card shoot! Huge thank you to Noelle for taking those for us. I absolutely love them. I’ve said every year I’m going to get photos of us and never did – until this year! I even sent out cards (who am I???). So fun.